Topps Tiles is the UK’s leading tile specialist. Formed in 1963 in Sale, Manchester and floating on the LSE in 1997, the business grew rapidly through the early 2000’s to become the clear market leader in the domestic tile market.
Our Topps Tiles Retail business serves the domestic tile market and remains the clear market leader with 344 stores today. In 2017 we entered the Commercial tile market through the acquisition of Parkside Ltd (and subsequently also acquiring Strata Tiles). This was an important strategic step as it approximately doubled our addressable market in the UK whilst maintaining our specialism in tiles.
We are currently looking for a Payroll Coordinator to join the wider HR team. With a mix of working from home and our Support Office based in Enderby, you will work closely with and deputise for, the Payroll Team Lead to ensure the accurate processing of all day to day payroll activities for the Company. You will ensure all colleagues are paid correctly and that the payroll requirements of all internal and external stakeholders are met at all times, payroll systems are maintained and management information reporting meets the business needs.
Customer / Strategy / Plan
- Working closely with the Payroll team to complete the full pay cycle, to include, time and attendance, leave management, correct processing of Maternity / Paternity, downloading of tax codes, sending the FPS to HMRC and closing the payroll.
- To support the Payroll team, ensuring all Topps colleagues are paid accurately each period and issued with all the relevant information.
- Correct processing of third-party payments – Sharesave, attachment of earnings, HMRC etc.
- Monthly checking of employee details on payroll system including NI numbers, contract types and job titles
- Process new starters and leavers pay correctly in line with company authorisation procedures
- Process documentation for starters and leavers.
- Provide information to external bodies such as Office of national Statistics, HMRC, DWP and Audit as required
- To assist running various reports from the payroll system and a systems advisor to other users
- To ensure that all payroll related queries from all internal and external stakeholders, e.g. colleagues, HMRC, CSA etc. are responded to in a timely manner
- To represent the company in internal forums / with external stakeholders as required
- To maintain the required level of professional and technical payroll knowledge
Financial / Commercials
- To support with payroll related queries from all internal and external stakeholders, e.g. colleagues, HMRC, CSA etc. are responded to in a timely manner
- To support in the running of monthly payroll reports and ensuring payroll balances each period
- To reconcile and pay pension payments to third party organisations
- To check salary sacrifice schemes as required
- To ensure correct transfers are made between different PAYE companies as required
Risk / Process
- Assist in ensuring monthly payroll deadlines are set, communicated and adhered to
- Assist in ensuring all payroll processes are compliant with all legal and regulatory bodies
- Ensure accurate required records are securely maintained raising any issues with the Payroll Team Lead
- To ensure compliance with authorisation levels are followed in relation to pay changes, raising queries with the Payroll Team Lead
- To help ensure there is effective payroll governance in place and to escalate any payroll issues to the Payroll Team Lead
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- Strong commercial, numerical and analytical skills with the ability to interpret and manage information and data
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of on-going legislative changes which affect payroll
- Knowledge of PAYE is essential
- Excellent planning, organisation, time keeping and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Numerate and analytical
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft Excel and Word skills to an advanced standard
- Proactive and able to work on own initiative with minimum supervision
- Experience working with HR & Payroll systems to process employee data and payroll
- Experience of working with both in house and externally hosted payroll systems
- Payroll experience gained in a multi-site retail business
For further information please contact Beth.Sutton@toppstiles.co.uk