Who we are!
Big things are happening at Topps Tiles. As Britain’s largest specialist tile retailer, selling only the very best quality on-trend products, £1 of every £3 spent in the UK domestic tile market is spent with us. And we’re as big on career opportunities as we are on outstanding service and great value. After all, it’s brilliant, friendly, knowledgeable people that make us special. Right now we’re on a journey of exciting growth, as we build on our success – there’s never been a better time to join the Topps Tiles family!
We are currently looking for a Corporate Auditor to join our team! Reporting into our Head of Audit you will provide an independent assurance and advisory service to senior management and the Audit Committee.
Customer / Strategy / Plan
- Work with the Head of Audit to develop the corporate audit approach at Topps Tiles in line with the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) standards.
- In conjunction with the Head of Audit, perform high quality corporate audits which assess the management of key risks and provide balanced guidance on control improvements.
- Engage with members of the Loss Prevention team to help develop a more risk focused and efficient approach to these activities.
- Work with the Head of Audit to develop a controls assurance approach that fulfils applicable regulatory requirements and associated business needs.
- Deliver ad-hoc activities and projects as required.
- Develop close and effective working relationships within Internal Audit / Loss Prevention.
- Be comfortable engaging with stakeholders and senior management to discuss identified weaknesses and appropriate mitigations on corporate audits and provide advice on risk / controls.
- Liaise with a range of stakeholders in the delivery of corporate audits and development of loss prevention activities.
Financial / Commercials
- Incorporate commercial considerations into the development of audit programmes and development work to ensure appropriate coverage.
- Based on a good understanding of the business risk appetite, recommend and agree appropriate control improvements to address identified issues.
Risk and process
- Manage the corporate audit follow-up process by engaging with action owners, providing guidance and monitoring the progress of actions.
- Operate the current risk management process, including liaising with senior management to update the strategic risks and associated remediation actions that are reported to the Board.
- Manage the annual update of the Topps control framework, assessing control gaps/weaknesses and the effectiveness of proposed mitigations.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- Professional accounting qualification or equivalent
- Good knowledge of audit working practices
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to effectively engage with individuals at all levels of the business and develop strong working relationships
- Ability to prioritise, multi-task and manage deadlines
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Prior internal audit experience within a company or as part of a professional services team
What we will do for you!
In a culture where hard work is recognised and great results are rewarded, you can look forward to a company bonus that will give you a share of our success - up to 25% of your base salary. Then there’s a generous staff discount, a Share Save scheme, pension and life assurance, a holiday allowance that increases with length of service and a wide range of other benefits. Plus flexible working, free on-site parking, generous discounts on products and services and more. A lot more. We’re committed to promoting talent from within too, which means you’ll be well-supported to build a rewarding career with an individual development plan and lots of training on offer.