Who we are
Big things are happening at Topps Tiles. As Britain’s largest specialist tile retailer, selling only the very best quality on-trend products, £1 of every £3 spent in the UK domestic tile market is spent with us. And we’re as big on career opportunities as we are on outstanding service and great value. After all, it’s brilliant, friendly, knowledgeable people that make us special. Right now we’re on a journey of exciting growth, as we build on our success – there’s never been a better time to join the Topps Tiles family!
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Financial Accounting Assistant to support the Senior Financial Accountant and assist with month-end. The Financial Accounting team take responsibility for the running of the company’s financial accounting and property accounting function, including statutory reporting, group accounting, tax and treasury functions (including corporation tax, VAT, duty and day-to-day cash reporting), fixed assets and analysis of key control accounts.
- To work with the Senior Financial Accountant and the rest of the finance team to ensure that key aspects of the company’s financial accounting processes are appropriately administered and information is available in a timely fashion.
- Close off the company’s ledgers within agreed timescales and ensure that all key balance sheet control accounts have been reconciled and approved on a monthly basis.
- Northern Ireland goods inwards regulatory submissions.
- Support insurance processes.
- National Statistics and other miscellaneous reporting.
- Assist the Senior Financial Accountant with cash management and cash forecasting processes, including forward purchasing of foreign currencies.
- Reporting of Trade Debtor and Trade Creditor balances.
- Work with external auditors to ensure robust group and subsidiary statutory accounts are produced within the required timescales.
- Monthly review of balance sheet accounts.
- Ensure that the Senior Financial Accountant and Financial Controller are well appraised of the company’s financial position and support with other ad-hoc tasks such as the company’s PSA submission and covenant reporting.
- Ensure appropriate processes exist within the finance team to identify key areas of risk and agree with the Senior Financial Accountant appropriate plans to manage those risks.
- Work with auditors and external parties to ensure that core accounting controls are appropriate and consistently implemented.
- Part qualified accountant.
- Strong technical accounting knowledge.
- Good working knowledge of accounting systems and monthly accounts process – general ledger, purchase ledger, sales ledger, monthly accounts process, balance sheet reconciliations, reporting.
- Good communication skills on both a one-to-one basis and in a group environment.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel, including the use of Pivot Tables and formulas such as VLOOKUP, HLOOKUP and SUMIF.
- Knowledge and experience of Microsoft Dynamics.
- Experience of liaising with external providers such as banks and auditors.
What we’ll do for you
In a culture where hard work is recognised and great results are rewarded, you can look forward to a company bonus that will give you a share of our success - up to 20% of your base salary. Then there’s a generous staff discount, a Share Save scheme, pension and life assurance, a holiday allowance that increases with length of service and a wide range of other benefits. Plus flexible working, free on-site parking, generous discounts on products and services and more. A lot more. We’re committed to promoting talent from within too, which means you’ll be well-supported to build a rewarding career with an individual development plan and lots of training on offer.